Welcome to Catherine McCorkill’s gallery of Printmaking, Painting / Drawing and Photography.
1. Printmaking Gallery
2. Paintings (oils on canvas) and drawings
3. Photography and digital edits
Catherine McCorkill is a visual artist who lives and works in the Blue Mountains, near Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
My art-making is directed by the search for meaning, and the beauty in that, often focussing on the relationship between extremes. Music, poetry and philosophy influence my art, as does the natural world, and portraiture is of great interest to me, capturing something of a person’s existence in time and space. Luminance, atmosphere and depth of tone are elements I like to explore in the mediums of printmaking, drawing, painting and photography.
- Works available at Hare St Gallery, Glenbrook, NSW: Open weekends 10am-4pm from 6th June, 2020
- November 2019: Solo Exhibition, Huntington Festival at Huntington Estate Winery, Mudgee, NSW
- Hare St Gallery, Glenbrook: Upcoming group exhibition, November/December
- 1-3 November, Blue Mountains Print Making Prize exhibition, Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre, Glenbrook, NSW
- 0ct 30- Nov 7 “100 Lines” Group Exhibition, The Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood, NSW, Graduating Diploma of Visual Arts students, including examples of painting, drawing, printmaking , ceramics and photography
- June 2019 TAFE NSW Drawing Prize, Finalist, See Street Gallery, Meadowbank NSW
- 2019 Solo exhibition: May 14- Nov 13, Blaxland Health Centre, Blaxland NSW
- Half Cube Gallery, Blacktown, Sydney, group exhibition (current)
- 2019 Group exhibition, Sydney Design Festival, Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Me, Myself, I, group exhibition, Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Printmaking, group exhibition, Glenbrook Creative Arts Centre
- 2018 2018 Emerging, group exhibition,Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Blume Miniatures, group exhibition, Gallery One 88, Katoomba
Please contact me…I love to do portraits and landscapes
Work With Me
I’m happy to collaborate in artistic projects!!
2018 -19 Diploma of Visual Arts, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018: Printmaking workshops with Master Printmaker, Basil Hall, and lithography workshop with Annie Day and Robin Ezra
2018 Printmaking: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018 Adobe Photoshop: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018 Observational drawing: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
1984 – 85 Awarded a Churchill Fellowship, 15 months study in Europe and the USA (classical music, clarinet)
1983 – 84 Grad Dip (Music performance), ANU
1980-1982 BA (Music), with 2nd study in Drawing Studies at ANU School of Art, Canberra
Private collections in Australia and the UK