Welcome to Catherine McCorkill’s gallery of Painting, Printmaking, Drawing and Photography.
Please scroll down to explore, and to visit artist details and contact portal.
Painting and Drawing
Ivor Houston: On Foot Across Australia (2022, oil on linen)
Molong Storm, oil on panel
Catherine McCorkill is a visual artist who lives and works in the Blue Mountains, near Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
After a long and wonderfully rewarding career in classical music, I took up art again, studying at the Nepean Art and Design Centre, and I am now completing a Masters in Studio Arts through the Florence Academy of Art.
My art-making is directed by the search for meaning, truth, beauty and the journey within that search. Music, poetry and philosophy influence my art, as does the natural world, and portraiture is of great interest to me, capturing something of a person’s existence and energy in time and space. Luminance, atmosphere and depth of tone are elements I like to explore in the mediums of painting, printmaking, drawing and photography.
Exhibitions/ Prize selection
- Finalist in 2022 Kennedy Art Foundation Prize, exhibition September 2022 at the Royal South Australian Art Society Gallery
- Selected for the 2022 Lake Art Prize (withdrawn due to a clash in exhibition dates)
- 2022, semi-finalist, Darling Portrait Prize, National Portrait Gallery, Canberra
- Tiny Art Project, Nov-Dec 21, Marrickville, Fundraising Exhibition for Papua New Guinea Health
- 2021: Online Collaborative Exhibition, Blue Mountains Creative Artists Network (Feb- April)
- November 2019: Solo Exhibition, Huntington Festival at Huntington Estate Winery, Mudgee, NSW
- Hare St Gallery, Glenbrook: Upcoming group exhibition, November/December
- 1-3 November, Blue Mountains Print Making Prize exhibition, Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre, Glenbrook, NSW
- 0ct 30- Nov 7 “100 Lines” Group Exhibition, The Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood, NSW, Graduating Diploma of Visual Arts students, including examples of painting, drawing, printmaking , ceramics and photography
- June 2019 TAFE NSW Drawing Prize, Finalist, See Street Gallery, Meadowbank NSW
- 2019 Solo exhibition: May 14- Nov 13, Blaxland Health Centre, Blaxland NSW
- Half Cube Gallery, Blacktown, Sydney, group exhibition (current)
- 2019 Group exhibition, Sydney Design Festival, Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Me, Myself, I, group exhibition, Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Printmaking, group exhibition, Glenbrook Creative Arts Centre
- 2018 2018 Emerging, group exhibition,Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Blume Miniatures, group exhibition, Gallery One 88, Katoomba
Please contact me…especially for portraits and landscapes
Work With Me
I’m happy to collaborate in artistic projects!!
Tovisit: follow link:
2021-2023: MA(Studio Art) @ Florence Academy of Art
2021 Art Therapy: Connection and Community: Statement of Attainment (TAFE NSW)
2021: Masterclasses with Jaq Grantford and Andrew Bonneau
2019-2020 Life Drawing Group, and Painting classes with Chris Vidal at Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre
2018 -19 Diploma of Visual Arts, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018: Printmaking workshops with Master Printmaker, Basil Hall, and lithography workshop with Annie Day and Robin Ezra
2018 Printmaking: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018 Adobe Photoshop: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018 Observational drawing: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
1984 – 85 Awarded a Churchill Fellowship, 15 months study in Europe and the USA (classical music, clarinet)
1983 – 84 Grad Dip (Music performance), ANU
1980-1982 BA (Music), with 2nd study in Drawing Studio at ANU School of Art, Canberra
Private collections in Australia and the UK