Welcome Catherine McCorkill’s gallery of Printmaking, Painting / Drawing and Photography.
1. Printmaking Gallery
2. Paintings (oils on canvas) and drawings
3. Photography and digital edits
Catherine McCorkill is a visual artist who lives and works in the Blue Mountains, near Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
My art-making is directed by the search for beauty and meaning, often focussing on the relationship between the extremes of light and dark. Luminance, atmosphere and depth of tone are elements I like to explore in the mediums of printmaking, drawing, painting and photography.
- Currently represented at Hare St Gallery, Glenbrook, NSW: Reopening weekends 10am-4pm from 6th June, 2020
- November 2019: Solo Exhibition, Huntington Festival at Huntington Estate Winery, Mudgee, NSW
- Hare St Gallery, Glenbrook: Upcoming group exhibition, November/December
- 1-3 November, Blue Mountains Print Making Prize exhibition, Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre, Glenbrook, NSW
- 0ct 30- Nov 7 “100 Lines” Group Exhibition, The Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood, NSW, Graduating Diploma of Visual Arts students, including examples of painting, drawing, printmaking , ceramics and photography
- June 2019 TAFE NSW Drawing Prize, Finalist, See Street Gallery, Meadowbank NSW
- 2019 Solo exhibition: May 14- Nov 13, Blaxland Health Centre, Blaxland NSW
- Half Cube Gallery, Blacktown, Sydney, as part of a group exhibition (current)
- 2019 Group exhibition, Sydney Design Festival, Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Me, Myself, I, group exhibition, Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Printmaking, group exhibition, Glenbrook Creative Arts Centre
- 2018 2018 Emerging, group exhibition,Trapezium Gallery, Nepean Art and Design Centre, Kingswood
- 2018 Blume Miniatures, group exhibition, Gallery One 88, Katoomba
Please contact me…I love to do portraits and landscapes
Work With Me
I’m happy to collaborate in artistic projects!!
2018 -19 Diploma of Visual Arts, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018: Printmaking workshops with Master Printmaker, Basil Hall, and lithography workshop with Annie Day and Robin Ezra
2018 Printmaking: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018 Adobe Photoshop: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
2018 Observational drawing: Statement of Attainment, Nepean Art and Design Centre
1984 – 85 Awarded a Churchill Fellowship, 15 months study in Europe and the USA (classical music, clarinet)
1983 – 84 Grad Dip (Music performance), ANU
1980-1982 BA (Music) 2nd study in Drawing Studies at ANU School of Art, Canberra
Private collections in Australia and the UK